PRODUCT MANAGER - Jaja Pay
Jaja is an innovative UK based consumer finance business. Leading initially with a digital credit card launching in 2018, and a pipeline of consumer finance solutions in the making. Working closely with Visa as a Principal Member and leveraging our own consumer credit license authorised by FCA, we are challenging an industry that has seen little real innovation in nearly twenty years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience and liberate customers from needless complexity, wasted time and frustration. Or as we say it, Make Simple. We will delight our customers – making the customer experience simpler, more enjoyable, more intelligent – treating customers fairly and giving them more control of their money. In line with our ambition to challenge the consumer finance industry, we are also co-developing exciting solutions with Business Partners out of our Jaja Innovation Lab. The candidate we are looking for will be joining one of our Special Projects in the area of Digital Payments.
We’re looking for a focused professional who is truly passionate about pushing new boundaries in the marketplace to join us as Product Manager, who will be responsible for solving challenges that our Business Partners and their end customers are facing.
The Product Manager will get a unique opportunity to carve out a leading position within a growing start-up. As long as you love the idea of, leading by example and rolling up your sleeves to get things done. We will be looking to you to define the product roadmap, work iteratively between strategy, technology, product, operations and partners to deliver on documented requirements. You’ll be joining our Jaja Innovation Lab and will report into the CMO, but work fearlessly across the entire organisation to achieve customer- and company objectives.
What you’ll be doing (including but not limited to the following):
- Build product strategy, including the definition of scope, capabilities, roadmap, and KPIs
- Own and articulate end-to-end product requirements across technology teams
- Responsible for product backlog prioritisation
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development teams
- Work with cross-functional teams including engineers, designers, data scientists and more
- Data-driven approach (customer and user feedback, SWOT analysis and competitive analysis) to identify new product opportunities and enhancements. identify product gaps, generate new ideas, influence investment decisions to improve product capabilities
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for product experience improvements. Cultivate and nurture critical business relationships to align data products practices within the company
- Troubleshooting product issues and answer product questions – be the product ‘expert’
- Lead product domain strategy, periodic roadmap and commitment to the customer
- Influence business to rethink how risk policies are implemented
- Own product commitments and outcomes to the business
- Maintain and enhance a dynamic, collaborative, fun team environment
- Refining experimentation programs and build on existing frameworks with Product, Engineering and Data teams
Experience & Qualifications required:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Knowledgeable in agile and lean development methodologies (e.g preferably proficient in the use of Jira and equivalent systems for documenting and tracking progress with developers against product requirements)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the digital payments/ merchants space, competition, and Business Partner- and end-user requirements in depth
- Ability to prioritise complex deliverables, have technical discussions and collaborate at all levels
- The more hands on the better so if you can design or code it´s a bonus but it’s not a must-have!
You should apply if:
- You care deeply about helping customers manage their money smarter and want to make a tangible impact, in an outdated consumer finance industry, by applying technology and processes smarter
- You are a reliable and structured professional and excel in a flat team structure where trust and integrity is the key foundation for everything we do
- You are extremely detail oriented, but does not let this compromise speed and flawless execution
- You are obsessed about analysing product performance data and documenting improved requirements that take customer satisfaction to next levels
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday. You hate corporate politics on the other hand and show no fear of communicating what neither creates value for the customer nor the for the company
- You love rolling up your sleeves to get it done
- You have demonstrated how to start Small and Learn Fast - Test, iterate, measure and learn in order to drive innovation
- What we’re doing at Jaja excites you!
What's in it for you?
- The chance to make a real impact in a growing start-up on a mission to change the face of the consumer finance industry forever
- A flat and collaborative team structure fuelled by an exciting mix of people welcoming both experienced people from the industry with both feet on the ground and tech-savvy dreamers who pave way for the new stuff. Come as you are and be yourself
- A unique opportunity to carve out your own dream job by simply making things happen at a pivotal time when the company´s future is being shaped. We look for the brightest and smartest who tell us what to do
- Competitive salary
- Hand brewed Scandinavian style coffee served fresh
- Social Jaja Sessions where lofty ideas are rewarded
- Other exciting benefits to hear about when we talk